Lift up your eyes

 I’ve been on this thing a while and it’s rare I get tense or anxious, I mean what’s the worst that can happen? I say hi and the app stays silent. “It’s a match” the algorithm announces as if announcing a banner occasion. I look at your profile and try to gather from simple words a complex person. And all I can come up with is to say to your picture “lift up your eyes and let me see you”


I think I've found her, I'm not sure but I think I've found her. I could be catfished but I believe I think I've found. She hasn't said a word but the single picture she has shared has created a visceral reaction in me that I think I've found her. Now comes the hard part.


Lift up your eyes and let me see you as my soul sings in joyous song, there you are you wonderous human be still my beating heart. Even before we said a word as we matched the earth aligned and all that’s left is reality’s tarnish to bring us both crashing down to earth. But before we wake let me adore this and appreciate this infinitesimal moment when all outcomes are possibilities and real life is a musical. When romance is at its most romantic and fantasy innocent and real. Where we reach out to each other and know we have found something rare.  

Comments

Popular Posts